Please select one of the participating retailers near postal code 20147 to complete this purchase. (Why?)
- NAUTILUS AQUATICS (15.4 miles from you)
- ATLANTIC EDGE DIVE CENTER (16.6 miles from you)
- BRASS ANCHOR (26.4 miles from you)
- Blue Planet Scuba (30.6 miles from you)
- COLUMBIA SCUBA INC. (37.1 miles from you)
- Price:$540.00 - $620.00
Although the XTX40 is a mid-range Apeks regulator, it is still classed as a high performance regulator in independent reviews. The XTX40 comes with all the features of our highly successful XTX50 with the exception of diver adjustable breathing resistance control.
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life
This popular first stage has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. Only the compact exhaust tee is supplied.
Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder set ups.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure MUST only be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician.
Available in yoke or din configuration
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable
Suitable for coldwater use
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- The 2nd stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
Features & Benefits
|Connections||Yoke and DIN available|
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||MP ports mounted on swivel turret|
|Number of HP ports||2 (7/16" UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 with 5th port option (3/8" UNF)|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Chrome over marine brass|
|Orientation||Convertible LH or RH|
|Type of second stage||pneumatically balanced|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||Yes|
|Exhaust tee||Diver Changeable - supplied with small exhaust tee only|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Hose type||Braided Flexi-hose|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.85 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%|
|Weight||Yoke 1230g / DIN 1100g|