XL4 is currently out of stock. Enter your email address below and we will notify you when this product becomes available for purchase. We will not use your email address for any other reason.E-mail required
The Apeks XL4 is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4 also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. It is a high performance option for the technical diver who is serious about weight savings.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested DS4 platform.
- Weighs just 905g (DIN) or 1041g (Yoke)
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate anddoes not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- Available in DIN and yoke
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)